10 MOTIVATIONAL LESSONS AND ENTREPRENEUR SKILLS CRISTIANO RONALDO TAUGHT US
Who is Cristiano Ronaldo?
Cristiano Ronaldo is a professional footballer who plays for Real madrid and the Portugal national team. He’s often ranked as one of the best players in the world and one of the most marketable athletes in sport.
In 2016, according to Forbes, Cristiano Ronaldo is named the world best paid athlete. In June 2016, ESPN ranked him the world’s most famous athlete.
He recently inspired Real madrid to win their 11th Champions League Trophy and helped his national team to a heroic win in the final against host France to lift the European title.
So what makes Cristiano Ronaldo such an amazing individual? What lessons can we learn from him? We are about to find out.
Here are the motivational lessons and entrepreneur skills from Cristiano Ronaldo.
- TRY TO BE BORN WITH SOME TALENT Cristiano Ronaldo teaches us to be born with some talent. ‘I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent’.-Susanna Kaysen The truth is nobody was born without a unique gift. Everyone of us came with an amazing talent waiting to be discovered. You don’t need a crystal ball to see that Cristiano Ronaldo was carved out for football.
- DON’T PROCRASTINATE Cristiano Ronaldo teaches us to start early to discover our potential and use them. As a child he played for amateur team Andorinha where his father was the kitman. At age 12 he went on to sign for Sporting CP, who signed him for fee of 1500 pounds. Any budding entrepreneur would not wait until he get huge capital. Start something with the little fund in your hand.
- NEVER BE A SLAVE OF YOUR PAST Cristiano Ronaldo teaches us not to allow the things we went through in the past to get in the way of our future. Ronaldo later said that he grew up in poverty. His father was a gardener and the mother a cook. Any smart entrepreneur would not allow the errors and mistakes of the past to get infront of the goals they set for themselves. ‘Being stuck in the past is like walking forward with your back facing the front. You’ll always miss out on what’s in front of you.’-Unknown Don’t just go through your problem, grow through your problem.
- DISCONNECT Cristiano Ronaldo teaches us that not everybody that started with you must end up with you. Sometimes, the closer you get to your dream, the more you narrow your circle. The problem is we’ve been trying to pull along with us the people that are not destined to go with us. In Cristiano’s words, ‘I consider myself an isolated person’. He prefers solitude while working and doesn’t have many friends. Steve Jobs is known for streamlining tech meetings at apple. When Barack Obama asked him to join a gathering of tech experts, Job declined-the president invited too many people for his taste.
- YOU NEED A COACH Cristiano Ronaldo carries his own lesson that we should absorb today. If you know someone who gave him the needed training, Sir Alex Ferguson and first team coach Rene Meulensteen, who taught him to make himself more unpredictable, improve his teamwork, call for the ball, and capitalise on goal scoring opportunities. He said later that Alex Ferguson, has been his father in sport, one of the most influential factors in his career. Entrepreneurship is about solving problems and learning on the go.
- PRACTICE AND DISCIPLINE Did you ever wonder about what Cristiano Ronaldo does to keep in shape? He is so preoccupied with his training routine. He also pay great attention to what he eats and sleeps nothing less than 8 hours a day. Sir Alex Ferguson once said,’Thers’s no fluke about it. I see Ronaldo practising all the time in training.’ Another word that describe him is the word discipline.’Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.-Jim Rohn ‘There is plenty of room at the top, but there is no room to sit down,-Anonymous
- TAKE RISKS At the age of 15, Cristiano Ronaldo did the incredible. He was diagnosed with a racing heart, a condition that could force him to give up playing football. He underwent an operation in which a laser was used to cauterize the affected part of his heart. His football career was now tumbling. He decide to try once more. He took a risk! He came back to football. Ronaldo played the Champions League final for which Real Madrid won La decima with Patellar Tendinitis and related hamstring problems against medical advice. Later he commented: ‘In your life, you do not win without sacrifices and you must take risks. If you haven’t tried yet, you may not know with certainty that the action you took will fail. Although, not everything that you try will succeed. But 100% of the actions and decisions that you never took will fail. You can never win a victory until you risk a failure.
- CHANGE THE GAME, CHANGE HISTORY. If you know anything about Cristiano, he teaches us to change the game and the course of history. In the words of Bobby Charlton,’Cristiano Ronaldo is changing the game in Spain with all that pace and power and athleticism, he is driving Real Madrid back into dominance both there and in Europe.’ How can you be like Cristiano Ronaldo? Can you look at a situation and change your ideas, words and action just enough to stand out and get noticed? For the entrepreneur it was Steve Jobs who said,’I want to put a dent on the universe.’
- BE UNIQUE. BRAND YOURSELF! If you talk and relate just like everyone, you will automatically get lost in the crowd. CR7 as he is popularly called teaches us be unique and brand ourselves. He carved a playing style for himself. This has endeared him among fans all over the world. Today, CR7 is not only a man on the football field with the number 7. It’s now a brand and household name. He is known as a fashion icon and a lucrative spokesperson sought after by clothing designers, health and fitness specialists, fashion magazines, perfumes and cosmetics manufacturers, hairstylists and exercise promoters, spa and recreational companies. He opened his first boutique under the name CR7. Brand yourself! You personal brand is what differentiates you from others.
- BE A PHILANTHROPIST Have you ever asked why Cristiano Ronaldo never have tattoos? He rejected the idea of having tattoos because it will prevent him from donating blood, which he normally does several times a year. A television footage of the 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake and tsunami showed an eight year old boy survivor named Martunis wearing a number 7 Portuguese football shirt who was stranded for 19 days after his family was killed. Ronaldo followed it and visited Indonesia to raise fund for rehabilitation and reconstruction. Ronaldo sold the golden boot he had won in2011 for 1.5m euros and gave the money to to fund schools for children in Gaza. He was named the world’s most charitable sportsperson in 2015. In June 2016, Ronaldo donated the entirety of his 600,000 euros Champions League bonus after Real Madrid won the 2015-16 Uefa Champions League. ‘A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business.’-Henry Ford I want to close with this words from Brian Tracy,’No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals. Thanks for taking out time to read this article . I hope this was helpful. Please leave a comment.